1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add in the bacon and sauté over a high heat until crispy. Remove to a plate.
2. Add a knob of butter to the saucepan; reduce to a medium heat, then add in the leeks and
garlic. Fry gently for 5 minutes until softened, but not coloured.
3. Add the potatoes and cook for a further minute. Pour in the stock and lemon r ind, cover and simmer
for 12-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. With a slotted spoon, remove half the potatoes and leeks from the stock and set aside.
4. Transfer the remaining potatoes, leeks, stock and milk into a blender or f ood processor and whizz until smooth. Pour back into the saucepan. Add the sweetcor n, bacon, fish and the potatoes and leeks you have set aside.
5. Cover and gently heat for 3-4 minutes until the fish is just cooked through – don’t boil. Stir in the chives and cream (if using), then season to taste. Serve with some crusty wholemeal bread.
500g Rooster potatoes, cut into small
cubes (approx 1½cm)
700g whiting, skinned, boned and cut
into 3cm chunks
4 streaky bacon rashers, smoked if
possible, finely diced
340g sweetcorn, frozen and defrosted
3 medium leeks, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 litre fish or chicken stock
600ml whole milk
4tbsp cream (optional)
1tbsp olive oil
Grated rind of 1 lemon
Handful of chives, chopped
A knob of butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Low in sat fat
Putting potatoes in a omelette helps to make it more filling. This is a great twist on a classic omelette recipe and is tasty too.
Charred potato, grilled peach and sliced lamb with parsley dressing
Get your griddle on with this delicious charred potato, grilled peach and sliced lamb dish. Paired with a homemade parsley dressing, this is the perfect mid-week meal to enjoy yourself or share with friends
Sri Lankan Beef and Potato Curry
This creamy, aromatic curry is a really comforting dish that is simple to prepare but perfectly satisfying.
Vegetarian Thai potato noodle cleansing broth with basil and lemongrass
Mix up your recipe bank with this deliciously healthy vegetarian Thai vegetable cleansing broth with spiralized potato noodles. Enjoy!