1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add in the bacon and sauté over a high heat until crispy. Remove to a plate.
2. Add a knob of butter to the saucepan; reduce to a medium heat, then add in the leeks and
garlic. Fry gently for 5 minutes until softened, but not coloured.
3. Add the potatoes and cook for a further minute. Pour in the stock and lemon r ind, cover and simmer
for 12-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. With a slotted spoon, remove half the potatoes and leeks from the stock and set aside.
4. Transfer the remaining potatoes, leeks, stock and milk into a blender or f ood processor and whizz until smooth. Pour back into the saucepan. Add the sweetcor n, bacon, fish and the potatoes and leeks you have set aside.
5. Cover and gently heat for 3-4 minutes until the fish is just cooked through – don’t boil. Stir in the chives and cream (if using), then season to taste. Serve with some crusty wholemeal bread.
500g Rooster potatoes, cut into small
cubes (approx 1½cm)
700g whiting, skinned, boned and cut
into 3cm chunks
4 streaky bacon rashers, smoked if
possible, finely diced
340g sweetcorn, frozen and defrosted
3 medium leeks, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 litre fish or chicken stock
600ml whole milk
4tbsp cream (optional)
1tbsp olive oil
Grated rind of 1 lemon
Handful of chives, chopped
A knob of butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cajun spiced Chicken & Potato One Pot
Fantastically simple yet packed full of flavour, this dish is perfect to share with friends. Serve with yoghurt and top with pomegranate seeds to compliment that Cajun kick!
Looking for a healthy lunch meal to bring into work? Look no further as this potato and courgette recipe gives you all the nutrients you need to get through the day.
Why not put a Spanish twist on a home favourite and try out this recipe for Spanish mashed potato, it even comes with bacon!
Warming Winter Traybake with Duck & Shallots
Embrace the winter season with this warming traybake. Featuring a beautiful combination of potatoes, duck and shallots, this recipe is great for a cosy night in with friends and family.