1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add in the bacon and sauté over a high heat until crispy. Remove to a plate.
2. Add a knob of butter to the saucepan; reduce to a medium heat, then add in the leeks and
garlic. Fry gently for 5 minutes until softened, but not coloured.
3. Add the potatoes and cook for a further minute. Pour in the stock and lemon r ind, cover and simmer
for 12-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. With a slotted spoon, remove half the potatoes and leeks from the stock and set aside.
4. Transfer the remaining potatoes, leeks, stock and milk into a blender or f ood processor and whizz until smooth. Pour back into the saucepan. Add the sweetcor n, bacon, fish and the potatoes and leeks you have set aside.
5. Cover and gently heat for 3-4 minutes until the fish is just cooked through – don’t boil. Stir in the chives and cream (if using), then season to taste. Serve with some crusty wholemeal bread.
500g Rooster potatoes, cut into small
cubes (approx 1½cm)
700g whiting, skinned, boned and cut
into 3cm chunks
4 streaky bacon rashers, smoked if
possible, finely diced
340g sweetcorn, frozen and defrosted
3 medium leeks, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 litre fish or chicken stock
600ml whole milk
4tbsp cream (optional)
1tbsp olive oil
Grated rind of 1 lemon
Handful of chives, chopped
A knob of butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Aromatic Potato, Pea & Mint Soup with Garlic Toasts
Give your taste buds a mid-week treat with this aromatic potato, pea and mint soup. Don't forget to serve with garlic toasts to make your meal extra special!
Chaat Masala Spicy Street Snacks from India
Chaat Masala is a spice powder mix traditionally used in Indian cuisine. By combining these delicious flavours with prawns, courgette and potatoes it makes for a delicious supper dish.
Chinese Chicken & Potato Stir-fry
Sizzle up your mid-week with this quick and easy Chinese Chicken & Potato Stir-fry. Packed full of goodness with deliciously spiced chicken, potatoes and vibrant vegetables - this dish is the perfect alternative to a takeaway without losing the flavour!
Quick Thai Chicken Stir-fry
Give your spuds an international twist with this stir fry which encompasses all the spice you seek in a Thai dish, but with a cooling, complimentary, and creamy sauce made from coconut milk.