- Preheat the oil to 180°C.
- Finely chop the sprigs of parsley.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolk with the parsley and sparkling water.
- Add the flour and cornflour and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Wash the potato skins and dip them in the batter then deep fry them for 3-4 minutes until they brown slightly. Don’t overcrowd the fryer. It’s better to fry in batches.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- For the (herb) mayonnaise: mix the mayonnaise with chopped chives and parsley. Add curry powder to taste.
- Or serve with soy sauce or bulldog sauce.