- Wash the potatoes, dry them and then put them in a microwave-safe dish with a little water in the bottom.
- Cover with a microwave-safe film and cook on full power for 6-8 minutes. Thinly slice the scallion, cut the bacon into strips and fry them in a pan with some oil for 3 minutes.
- Gently scoop out the flesh of the potatoes without tearing the skin. Add the potato flesh to the bacon-and-onion mix.
- Fill each potato skin with the mixture, add the grated cheddar cheese and make a ‘well’ to break the egg into. Add a drizzle of oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the stuffed potatoes in the microwave for five minutes until the egg is cooked. Sprinkle with chopped chives and enjoy without further ado!
Credit: recipe by AnneCé Bretin.