- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Wash the potatoes, then drain and dry them. Prick the potatoes with a fork and place in a baking tin along with the olive oil.
- Coat the potatoes in oil, then bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, give the potatoes a good shake and bake for a further 15 minutes or until golden.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
Preparing the ‘monster’ vegetable features;
- Using a knife, cut two circles each from the carrot, and cucumber skin for the eyes. Cut smaller circles for the pupils. Cut two rounded tongue shapes from the red pepper and create hair from thin slices of cucumber.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut a split across the top of each potato, and to create the monster mouths, squeeze them slightly to open them up. Decorate with the vegetable eyes, tongues, and hair, and add grated cheese for extra hair!
- Ready to serve