- Place the raw, shredded julienne potato strips into a large bowl and cover with cold water. Leave for at least 10 minutes to remove the excess starch (ideally 30 minutes if time allows).
- Then, rinse the potato under cold water before draining in a colander and drying by wrapping in a tea towel. Set aside.
- Heat the groundnut oil in a wok or large non-stick saucepan. Add the cashews and cook for 30 seconds until they colour. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Next add the chicken and cook for a few minutes each side until cooked through, then remove from the pan. Add more groundnut oil if necessary, wait until it heats, then add the veg to the pan, cooking until it softens, for about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce, along with the chicken and cashew and toss to coat. Remove everything from the pan. Add the potatoes and chilli to the pan and stir continually for 3 minutes until the potatoes are cooked but still retain their bite. Add the sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve the potatoes as a base with the other ingredients on top.
TIP: Make sure you have all the components of this dish ready before you begin cooking