CLASSIC ROAST CHICKEN AND POTATOES
A simple recipe, full of flavours and memories, to be enjoyed for a meal with friends or family.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C (Gas 7).
- Place the chicken in a large ovenproof dish.
- Drizzle a dash of olive oil over the chicken and place a few lumps of butter on top.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with thyme or Provencal herbs. Add half a glass of water. Cover with foil or baking paper and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Peel the carrots and cut thicker carrots in two. Wash the potatoes and cut them into wedges.
- Take the baking dish with the chicken out of the oven and add the potato wedges and carrots. Sprinkle with salt. Place back in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes over regularly and occasionally pour some frying liquid over the chicken. Add some water if there is not enough moisture.
- Add a pinch of salt and serve immediately.