A gourmet and comforting recipe that the whole family will love; potato bake with cream and semi-skimmed milk for the melt-in-the-mouth texture!
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C (400°F).
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut them into thin slices.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Bring the milk and cream to the boil, add the potato slices and garlic, season with salt and pepper and leave to cook for about 15 minutes.
- Arrange the potato slices in a casserole dish and sprinkle with the cream mixture.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil and place in the oven.
- Cook for 15 minutes, remove the foil from the dish and cook for another 15 minutes. Make the roasted cherry tomatoes
- Pour a dash of olive oil over the tomatoes and sprinkle with some sea salt and pepper. Roast them for about twenty minutes in an ovenproof dish at Gas Mark 2, 150°C (300°F).
To prepare the sole fillets:
- Roll up the sole fillets (skin side inwards). If necessary, pierce with a toothpick to keep them in place.
- Heat the butter in a pan. Peel and chop the shallot finely. Fry until glazed. Add the white wine and leave to cook until the wine has almost completely evaporated.
- Add the fish stock and let it boil. Arrange the sole rolls carefully side by side in the pan. Cover the pan and cook for 3 minutes at a low temperature. Finally, add the shrimps.
- Serve 2-3 sole rolls, some shrimps and a few cherry tomatoes on each plate. Garnish with the fresh oregano leaves and serve with the gratinated potatoes.