FRENCH-STYLE POTATO AND LAMB CASSEROL
A succulent recipe that reveals the taste of potatoes, accompanied by lamb, spiced up with tomato concentrate and paprika.
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut the lamb shoulder into cubes. Chop the onions.
- Cut the carrot and mushrooms into slices.
- In a cast iron casserole, brown the meat and the chopped onions in butter until they are golden brown.
- Add the chopped garlic, tomato paste, stock cube, paprika, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and 1 litre of water.
- Place a lid on the casserole and cook over a low heat for 45 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of cooking time, remove a ladle of sauce and place it in a bowl. Stir in the potato starch.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the chopped basil and continue cooking.