- Peel the potatoes and cut them into equal-sized pieces. Boil them in salted water for 15 to 20 minutes, drain and allow to dry for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, blanch the spinach briefly in boiling, salted water, place in a sieve and press all the moisture out with the back of a spoon. Finely chop the spinach and reserve the boiling water for the gnocchi.
- Drain the ricotta well. Grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Mash the potatoes into a puree and mix in the ricotta, flour, egg and 60g of the Parmesan cheese. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix everything together and turn the dough out onto a worktop dusted with flour. Knead it carefully until smooth. Add some extra flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Roll into small balls and place them in a bowl covered with plastic film. Use a fork to flatten the balls slightly. Put the bowl in the freezer until needed.
- Just before serving, boil them in plenty of salted water. The gnocchi are ready when they rise to the surface.
- Serve with roasted cherry tomatoes and the remaining Parmesan cheese.
Use kale instead of spinach and serve with a tomato sauce. The kale must be cooked longer before chopping.