Prepare the Potatoes for Roasting,
- Scrub the potatoes clean and cut them into 2½cm cubes.
- Place the cut potatoes in a bowl of clean water to wash off the excess starch
- Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with cold water.
- Add the white vinegar and salt and set the stove to medium high heat.
- Boil for 20-30 minutes, do not use a lid.
- Once the potatoes have finished boiling, drain them and let them sit for about 10 minutes to cool and dry out. (They cool faster if you can spread them out in a single layer).
Make the Honey Miso Garlic Sauce,
- In a small bowl, add the miso and hot water and mix until the miso has dissolved.
- Add the honey and mix well until the sauce is smooth.
- Add the garlic powder and stir.
- Set aside for later.
Roast the Potatoes,
- Melt the butter using a microwave or a small pot.
- Mix the oil with the butter and set aside.
- Once 10 minutes is up and the potatoes are dried and somewhat tacky and sticky, place the potatoes in a roasting pan (use one large enough that you can spread them out in a single layer) and coat them well with the butter/oil mixture.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and grill them for 15-20 minutes. Toss them every 5 minutes. (It is crucial to watch the oven at this stage, since things burn very quickly under the grill).
- Once the potatoes are brown and crispy add the Honey Miso Garlic sauce and mix well until all the potatoes are well coated.
- Return to the oven, and grill for 2-3 minutes.
- Enjoy as a snack or a side dish.