MUSSELS IN A CREAMY BROTH WITH POTATOES, FENNEL AND LEMON
Whether it’s for a festive party or a quick weeknight meal, it doesn't get much better than a giant bowl of steamed mussels in a fragrant broth with potato, fennel and lemon.
- Finely chop the garlic, shallots, and celery. Cut the potatoes into 2 cm cubes and the fennel into thin slices.
- Melt butter in a pan large enough to hold all the mussels.
- Add the garlic, shallot, bacon, potatoes, celery, and fennel. Cook until the potatoes are just starting to soften but still firm.
- Give the vegetables in the pan a good stir, add the mussels and toss to coat with all the vegetables in the pan.
- Pour in the cream and stock, add the preserved lemon, and bring to boil with the lid on.
- Reduce to a simmer. Cook for 4-5 min until the mussels are just open. You don't want to overcook them!
- When the mussels are cooked, top them with lemon zest and chopped parsley.