- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut into thin slices.
- Do the same with the carrots, keeping the leaves to make the pesto.
- Pat the carrot leaves dry, peel and roughly chop the garlic. Slowly blend the carrot leaves, 60 g of grated Parmesan, the garlic, and the pine nuts. Add olive oil a little at a time to obtain a smooth sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Mix the cream and milk together and season. In another bowl, mix the rest of the Parmesan together with the breadcrumbs.
- Butter an ovenproof dish and arrange a layer of potatoes, a layer of carrots and add some pesto. Repeat, ending with a layer of potatoes. Pour over the cream and milk mix then sprinkle with the Parmesan-breadcrumb mix.
- Cook in the oven for 50 minutes and serve hot.
A zero-waste dish that is full of flavour to serve as a side.