- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7, 220°C (425°F).
- Wash, peel and dry the potatoes.
- Peel and cut the red onion into strips.
- Using a vegetable peeler or a mandolin, cut long, thin ribbons of vegetables lengthwise.
- Butter and lightly flour a pie tin. Roll out the pastry and line the tin with it.
- Roll up the vegetable ribbons to form flowers. Arrange them on the pastry. Also make flowers with the smoked bacon.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with a fork, pour in the cream and mix. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the pastry.
- Bake for 35 minutes, keeping an eye on the cooking.
Credit: recipe by AnneCé Bretin.