- Wash, peel and chop the potatoes, carrots, and parsnips. Cook them in salted water for 10 to 15 minutes once the water has come to the boil then drain.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (Gas 4).
- Slice the onions and fry them in a hot pan with a drizzle of olive oil, then add the potatoes, parsnips, and carrots.
- Mix the eggs and 50 g of fresh cream, add a pinch of salt, nutmeg, and freshly ground pepper.
- Remove from the heat, add the fresh cream mixture, and stir.
- Roll out the puff pastry in a pie dish and spread the rest of the fresh cream over the bottom.
- Pour in the potato mixture and sprinkle with grated Cheddar cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with salad
Tip: To be eaten hot. For a touch of character, replace the Cheddar with a blue cheese or extra-mature Cheddar.