- Wash the potatoes then place in a pan of cold, salted water and cook for 15 minutes once the water begins to boil.
- Drain and peel when cool and cut into slices. Crush the garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the potatoes with the crushed garlic until golden. Set aside.
- In the same pan, brown one side of the sliced bread. Set aside.
- Slice the tomatoes. Set aside.
- Spread some pesto on the side of the bread that is not grilled then add slices of potato, a slice of ham, tomatoes, rocket leaves, shavings of mature cheddar and finish with another slice of grilled bread. Cut the club sandwiches in half and overlap them.
- Serve together with the remaining potato slices as an extra side.
Can be served with or without ham, warm with mozzarella for a melted cheese version.