POTATO GNOCCHI, FRESH TOMATO SAUCE, BASIL, AND PARMESAN
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C/Gas 4.
- Wash the potatoes and cook them in the oven with the skin for 30 minutes.
- Remove the skin and crumble the potatoes. Then add the egg yolks and flour and knead into a dough.
- Make 1 cm thick sausages and cut them into small pieces.
- Poach the gnocchi in lightly salted boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes until they float to the top.
- Remove the gnocchi from the water with a slotted spoon and place them on a piece of kitchen paper.
- Wash the tomatoes and mash them with the skin still on. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the tomatoes in a saucepan and add the olive oil, chopped basil and Italian herbs.
- Place the gnocchi in a deep plate, pour over the hot tomato sauce and sprinkle with parmesan and some basil leaves.