POTATO SOUP WITH SCAMPI AND CHIVES
Top your potato soup with crispy fried bacon strips. If you don’t want to use bacon, scallops also work well!
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1 cm cubes. Wash the leek and roughly chop the white.
- Melt the butter and fry the leeks. Add the potatoes, thyme and bay leaf and simmer over a low heat.
- After a few minutes, add the cream and chicken stock. Leave the soup to simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, mix the scampi with the olive oil, bruschetta herbs, crushed garlic and leave to marinate.
- Fry the scampi together with the marinade crispy in a pan with a knob of butter. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Remove the bay leaf from the soup and then mix the soup with a hand mixer. Add the cream and mix together.
- Divide the soup and the scampi over 4 bowls. Garnish with the scampi and some chopped chives.