- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10–15 minutes, until well done, then drain them.
- While the potatoes are cooking, chop the onion and the chilli pepper (remove the seeds). Also chop the fennel.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the onion and fennel. Add a pinch of salt and cook for 10 minutes, until the onion caramelises. Then add the chilli and herbs.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes. Chop the garlic and ginger and add them. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, 100 ml water and the boiled potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes until the spinach is cooked and the water has evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the lemon juice and serve. Garnish with a dash of sour cream and fresh coriander.