A recipe full of colour, with hints of red pepper that spice up the flavours of the potato.
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into thin slices about ½ cm thick.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or skillet. Add the potato slices and chopped peppers. Sauté over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the chopped onions and cook for a further 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper
- Pour the potato/onion/pepper mixture into the bowl and stir.
- Pour the 2 tablespoons oil into the pan and add the preparation.
- Cook the tortilla on one side on a low heat for about 5 to 7 minutes, folding the edges down slightly as it cooks to give it a nice round shape.
- Place a plate over the pan and turn the tortilla over cleanly. Slide it back into the pan to finish cooking the other side for 10 minutes
- Leave to cool. Cut the tortilla into squares and enjoy it as an aperitif!
Credit: recipe by AnneCé Bretin.