- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C (400°F).
- Wash the potatoes and cut in half. Cook the potatoes in salted water for 8 minutes until almost al dente.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the red onion, chop the roma tomatoes and seeded pepper into segments. Peel the garlic and the ginger. Grate the ginger.
- Drain the potatoes. Arrange the sausages in an ovenproof dish. If they are too large, divide them into pieces. Add the vegetables, potatoes, whole garlic cloves and a few basil leaves.
- Mix the olive oil, with the Cajun herbs and ginger and season with salt and pepper. Stir well and mix into the vegetables and sausages. Place the casserole in the middle of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the sausages.
- Serve the casserole with fresh basil.
Tip: In season use different coloured tomatoes.