STEAK TARTARE WITH ROAST POTATOES
An appetising recipe that combines the crispness of the potato with the tenderness of prime cut of beef. Served with capers in vinegar, fresh herbs, and mustard.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (Gas 4).
- Wash the potatoes, do not peel them, and cut them in 4.
- Place them in the drip pan. Drizzle each potato half with a dash of oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place them in the oven for a good 30 minutes: they will brown and become crispy.
- Have the butcher chop the beef or chop it yourself with a knife.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- In a salad bowl, combine the egg yolks, mustard, salt, pepper, and onion.
- Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking until it thickens as for mayonnaise.
- Add the meat to this sauce.
- Store in a cool place, covered, as it is.
- When ready to serve, mould the tartars into 4 slightly flattened balls on cold plates.
- Season with salt and pepper just before serving.
- Decorate with capers and a pinch of fresh herbs.
- Serve immediately, with the hot potatoes.