- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C (350°F).
- Wash the vegetables, then cut them into slices of the same thickness.
- Arrange them in an ovenproof dish, alternating slices of potato, tomato, courgette, onion, etc. Sprinkle with chopped garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with oil and some of the fresh chopped herbs and mustard seeds.
- Cook in the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, covering the dish with a sheet of aluminium foil for the first 45 minutes.
- Use the tip of a knife to check that the vegetables are cooked and extend the cooking time by 15 minutes if necessary.
- Sprinkle with the remaining fresh herbs just before serving!
Credit: recipe by AnneCé Bretin.