A "surf and turf" recipe, typical of the Nîmes region in France, with cod in a creamy potato purée seasoned with flat-leaf parsley.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (Gas 4).
- Bring a large pan of cold water to the boil. Poach the cod for 10 minutes. Drain and disperse into flakes.
- Peel, wash and cut the potatoes into pieces. Cook them in salted boiling water then drain them and mash them with a fork.
- Peel and crush the cloves of garlic. Finely chop the parsley.
- Mix the cod with the mashed potato. Add the crushed garlic and the chopped parsley.
- Pour in 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place your cod brandade preparation in a casserole dish and bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Put the dish under the grill just before serving it with a salad of rocket with hazelnut oil
Variation: To add an extra touch to your brandade, add 20 finely chopped black olives to the mashed potatoes.