Simple dishes can easily be elevated to a higher level with the right herbs. This healthy, potato and vegetable bake tastes and smells fantastic thanks to coriander, cumin, thyme, and rosemary.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C/Gas 6.
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices. Add some salt and set aside.
- Cut the onion into quarters and the broccoli into florets. Peel the carrots and cut into slices. Wash the leek stem and cut into large slices. Peel and crush the garlic.
- Place the onion, garlic, broccoli, carrots and leeks in a large ovenproof dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with coriander seeds, cumin and sprigs of thyme and rosemary.
- Use your hands to mix together so that everything is well coated with olive oil and herbs. Season with salt and pepper, and place in the oven for 30–40 minutes. Shake once during cooking.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and, if necessary, put them in a smaller baking dish. Stir in the cream.
- Arrange the potato slices on top and add the butter in small cubes. Cook in the oven for 20–25 minutes, until it is nice and crispy.