- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash the potatoes and place them in a large cooking pot with water and salt (potatoes need to be covered). Boil till the potatoes are soft to the touch. Drain and leave to steam for 10 minutes.
Add olive oil and salt to the potatoes. Mix through well.
- In the meantime, sauté the minced turkey meat until cooked in a skillet (or pan) with some olive oil.
- Add the potatoes to an oven tray covered with baking paper and crush with the back of a spoon or a glass until they are almost flat. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until crispy. Take out of the oven, sprinkle the grated cheese and minced meat on top and place back in the oven for 6 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- In the meantime, cut the tomatoes, red pepper, red onion and scallions into small pieces.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and add the toppings. Finish with the sour cream and some lime zest.
- Serve as a full meal with some extra baked veggies or salad.
Use vegan cheese and vegan minced meat to make it vegan.
Swap the sour cream for plant based yoghurt to make it vegan.