- Wash the potatoes thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Cook the potatoes in the oven for 60 minutes. Once the potatoes are cooked and tender, cut them in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh and keep the skins.
- Cook the minced beef in a frying pan with olive oil or butter, sprinkle with Mexican spices and stir well.
- Divide the beef mixture between the potato skins. Sprinkle with grated cheese and place under the grill until the cheese has melted.
- Mix together the cream, white vinegar, and the milk to obtain sour cream (or use pre-bought sour cream).
- Cut the pepper and tomato into cubes, shred the lettuce, coriander, and jalapeño (if using). Pour over the potatoes along with the sour cream.
For added colour, you can replace the lettuce with shredded red cabbage.
The potato flesh should be kept and used as mashed potato for another meal.