- Peel the potatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Fry the potatoes and onion with butter in a heated frying pan until golden. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut the bagels in half and toast them in a toaster. Spread the barbecue sauce on the inside of the bagel, layer the potatoes and onion, the grated cheese, a few thin slices of tomato and a leaf of lettuce.
- Serve immediately, enjoy!
To be sure that the cheese is melted, heat the bagels in the oven for a few minutes before serving.